We’re BIC Graphic, a world-class supplier of innovative
promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives.
With the widest variety of high
quality, innovative custom-imprinted products in the industry, we help
customers explore all the promotional possibilities. In addition to the BIC®
collection, BIC Graphic offers well-known, proprietary brands such as KOOZIE®,
Atchison®, Triumph® and JAFFA®. We also partner with prestigious, well-known
brands such as myCharge®, Cool Gear®, HoMedics®, Cocoon®, Leatherman® and
several golf brands. BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of
promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve
the majority of the Fortune® 500 companies, as well as government
organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in
diverse industries worldwide.
Our organization is looking for a Purchasing & Supply Chain Associate who can specifically work from production schedules, material requirements in assigned product categories, company policies and procedures to review purchase requests, interpret demand requirements and determine priorities according to established procurement programs.
The selected candidate will be expected to solve problems, drive productivity on a day to day basis and meet all company ISO sustainability efforts.
To be successful in this role, the professional must be able to:
- Communicate with suppliers on product, price, and delivery
information while considering all cost saving initiatives.
- Examines and analyzes purchase requisitions for completeness and
accuracy of information; contacts requester to clarify or complete information;
advance requisitions to purchase orders and execute document delivery to
- Work within BIC NPD (New Product Development) protocol, negotiate
new item purchases, manage variations to forecasts, edit existing purchase
orders, blanket purchase agreements, price modifications, over/under shipments,
credit transactions, and returned goods.
- Determines and develops appropriate sources of supply, including
benchmarking activities and maintains cooperative working relationships with
vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, commodities, products and
- Ability to plan and purchase products at a remote
- Review shortage or late supply reports, receiving reports, open
orders, as well as coordinate with suppliers to meet timely delivery of
material and supplies.
- Collaborate with other buyers to meet or exceed departmental
productivity and efficiency goals.
- Proactively support the site Supply Chain Manager and site
Knowledge, Experience, and Education Required for the Job
- Three- Five years Purchasing/Supply
- Experience in a highly metric driven
environment with a strong focus on results
- Must be proficient with Microsoft
- Must be able to interact with individuals
at various levels both in the organization and outside.
- Ability to project manage the
transition of product(s) between sites, as well as benchmarking process.
- Ability to prioritize and work on
multiple projects at a time
- Must have excellent written and
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
Training or Competence:
- APICS or equivalent certification a
- MPS/MRP Planning experience.
- Oracle Business Suite and/or Oracle Advanced
Supply Chain Planning highly desirable.
- Analytical skills or data mining
- Prior experience purchasing from Asia
is highly desirable
- Experience dealing with multiple site
- Reach, bend,
twist, push, pull, grasp, sit or stand for extended periods of time as well as
freely move about the facility as needed for the position.
- Works shifts and overtime as scheduled and/or
required to meet business timelines.
Additional Information – To be successful in this
role the candidate
have a sense of urgency AND strong communication skills
be able to organize workload in an effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task, sometimes alternating between a few projects
within the same day or week.
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a
dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing market. That's why the
majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional
products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging
and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for
taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Graphic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace